Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nine Eleven, Ten Years Later

Songs:
I Believe by Blessid Union of Souls
Where is the Love by Black Eyed "Peace"
When I'm Gone by 3 Doors Down

10 years ago, on this day, something happened in America that changed lives forever. I was only in first grade then, but I remember the horror my parents felt when they saw what was on the news. I lived as far from NY as I possibly could, but still my parents were determined that I stay home the next day. If a mere child on the West Coast was kept indoors due to something that happened on the East Coast, what do the people in the East Coast feel like?

9-11. A day that marked the beginning of two major wars, a torrent of anger and fury unleashed. From that day on, America lived cautiously, the security went up, our defense spending skyrocketed. Security checks became more frequent. Paranoia was present. Fear was here.

Fast-forward 10 years and here we are in 2011. A new "beginning" in a way. Osama bin Laden was dead. Obama is our new president. Bush is gone. Yet every year, the horror of this attack still lingers. Nearing the date of September 11, people start being more cautious. Tense. Prepared for the worst to happen.

"The past cannot be changed for it has already occurred. The best we can do is look into the future and learn from our past. Live life to the fullest as you do not know what may happen tomorrow." Remember 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment