Sunday, September 25, 2011

Changing the World,...one statement at a time

I've come across a new mission. Lately, I've been playing this game: Restaurant Story (the app, not the facebook game). I know what you're thinking: No, this is not an advertisement or anything. They have neighbors stuff and all that thing on it and one day I was messaged with a quote (instead of the normal "tyb, thanks" or "3x tips").

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."

It was just so simple. Nothing else was said. All there was, was just that one simple quote. As I perused more restaurants, I've discovered a lot of other owners leaving behind encouraging or merely inspiring quotes.



Since then, I've been leaving little notes all over the place. I filled up a notepad with the quotes that were left on my wall (in the game). I started writing sayings onto little pieces of paper, sticking them in other people's lockers, giving them to friends who I thought needed a little encouragement, or sometimes, just because.

There really isn't a reason to it all. Truly. I am doing it because I love it. I love the quotes. There's this one user who messages me back daily, thanking me for the quotes, saying "your sayings keep on hitting me between the eyes, I really needed that today, thanks." Just a simple thank you made my heart swell with joy.

If everyone could say a kind word to someone, give a sincere compliment, or flash someone a genuine smile, this world would be a lot happier.

It's really simple. There's not much to it. It does not require a lot of physical effort, just a mere act of acknowledgement. Change the world, one statement at a time.

"Appreciation can make a day---even change a life."

No comments:

Post a Comment