Sunday, February 19, 2012

I love you, good bye.

Opening up to someone is depending on someone else, letting them into your life, allowing them to know your secrets. Since a child, I have always been taught to be independent, that I don't need to depend on anyone else but myself. That was how I always functioned; I dealt with problems by myself and I was secure. I was protected.

Until I met you...you taught me how to love.
You got me to open my heart, let my walls down. I let you in. I showed you my world, my insecurities, my fears. You were my everything. I could tell you anything and everything I wanted because I know you would always be there for me.



I told myself, I wasn't going to love you. I saw the relationship you were slowing developing with my best friend, even though you said you loved me. I knew where it was going to end up and I didn't want to get caught in it. I was scared...and I started closing up. You brought me back when I was drifting off. You were my life.

Now, you are in love with my best friend, just like how you were with me. I don't know what to do. I cry to sleep because I know I have lost you...that we can never be the same ever again. It hurts so much. I feel that I am being stabbed and torn apart...but one thing is for sure: Whatever you decide, I will respect it.

Because I still love you that much.
I want to say I hate you. I hate you so much. You made me fall in love with you...and you let me fall. You promised you would be there to catch me...but I already hit the bottom...and you weren't there.

You let me believe that you and her were just friends. I love both of you dearly...and I know I won't want to be in the way of you two. I have decided what I am going to do.


I want you to be happy. I want you to smile. I want you to live life to the fullest, to love her with all your heart, to always be there for her and her world, just like how you were with me. If I am gone, I want you to continue living your life just as happy as you have always lived it. Make her happy.

Show her how to love. Teach her the meaning of life. Be her guide, her world, her love.
I want to say that I will always be there for you...but right now it hurts too much. I lost you because I was scared to open up. It isn't your fault; you wanted to be loved back. I couldn't do that. Don't beat yourself up; if it was never meant to be, it was never meant to be.

I thought I only liked you because you liked me. But in the eight months we have known each other, I have fallen in love with you.

I guess this is good bye. I will always be your best friend...but I don't know if everything will stay the same. I love you too much to just be your friend...and I don't want you to have conflicting emotions with her as you did with me.

I am going to leave. Leave you forever perhaps. I just need to get away. I want to get rid of this pain I am in. I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm sorry. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment